Fluffy Lemon & Raspberry Pancakes by Jessica Clemmings - She/Her (@Jessicabakes_x )
A twist on a traditional lemon and sugar pancake enjoyed during Shrove Tuesday/Pancake day
- 3/5 cups Plain Flour
- 2tbsp Sugar
- 1.5tsp Baking powder
- ¼tsp salt
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2tbsp Melted butter
- 1tsp Fresh lemon juice
- Fresh raspberries
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1½ tbsp Fresh lemon juice
Raspberries & lemon zest to garnish
- In a bowl combine all of the dry ingredients including the lemon zest & mix well.
- Melt your butter and set to the side to cool slightly.
- To the dry ingredients add milk, lemon juice and egg. Gently whisk until combined.
- Add the melted butter and stir.
- Sprinkle a handful of raspberries into the mixture and gently stir. I would suggest breaking the raspberries in half for a more even distribution.
- Over a medium heat add butter to the pan.
- Add some of your pancake mix. Around 1/3 cup will give a standard pancake size.
- Cook for a few minutes or until you start to see the pancake bubble and edges become golden brown. Then flip your pancake and cook for a further 2 minutes.
LEMON GLAZE METHOD
- To a small bowl add your powdered sugar and lemon juice.
- Mix until combined
- You can adjust the measurements depending on how thin or thick you'd like your glaze.
Plate up your pancakes, stack them on top of each other making sure to add lemon glaze and more raspberries between each pancake.