Makes 8 cups
- 2 to 3 pounds beef bones
- 1 pound boneless beef brisket or chuck steak
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, chopped
- 1 head garlic, cut in half
- One 2-inch chunk of ginger, peeled and bruised
- * Tip: You can bruise your ginger by hitting it with the back of a knife.
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 2 whole cloves
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Add star anise, coriander seeds, and cloves to a small skillet and place on medium heat. Lightly toast until they are fragrant.
Rinse bones to remove any excess blood or material from the surface. Place all ingredients in the Dream Cooker cooking pot and cover with water. Close and secure the lid. Select Pressure Cook on High Pressure and set for 1 hour.
When cooking is complete, allow the pressure to naturally release. The Steam Release Indicator will be on as pressure is releasing.
Carefully open the Dream Cooker as steam may still be present. Reserve the meat before carefully straining the broth through a fine mesh sieve. Discard the remaining solids.
Allow the stock to cool to room temperature (stirring the stock will speed up this process). Cover and refrigerate.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 year. Always bring the stock back to a full boil when using.